CELTA – University of Cambridge Course
CERTIFICATE IN ENGLISH LANGUAGE TEACHING TO ADULTS
Our Centre in central Reading (No. 51351) is an authorised CELTA Training Centre approved by Cambridge University
CELTA is a highly regarded and internationally recognised qualification. This course is for trainees who have little or no previous experience of teaching. Trainees are equipped for first teaching positions. Teaching practice with foreign adult students is delivered on site.
Day time Course
The next day time CELTA course will run from January to April 2019 (exact dates to be confirmed)
Our courses are run normally three times per year (January, April, September) in small groups (maximum of eight trainees)
- We believe that it is important for our trainees to learn to teach EFL in a real language-learning environment.
- Our centre offers the chance to work alongside adult foreign learners of all nationalities
- We have experienced teachers and the course is run in friendly, comfortable surroundings.
The courses are held on weekdays (Mondays and Thursdays) in the day-time (10.00 to 17:15) over a period of approximately eleven weeks and some Saturdays maybe included due to bank holidays. We are a well-equipped language school in the centre of Reading. The classrooms are bright, and have TV, video, CD players, whiteboards, overhead projectors and PC/laptop projectors. We also have access to computers and a wide range of resource materials.
Fee: £1,350.00 (including Cambridge assessment fee)
Dates: Next course January to April 2019 (exact dates to be confirmed)
We are running the evening CELTA course on two evenings per week.
Days: Tuesdays and Thursdays 18.00 to 21.30, and 2 or 3 Saturdays (to be confirmed)
Fee: £1,300.00 (including Cambridge assessment fee)
Please contact us for further details and an application form.
Further Information about the CELTA at The English Language Centre:
- Annual dates: January to March, April to July and September to December (exact dates to be confirmed)
- Course fee: £1,350 payable 2 weeks before start of course at time of publication
All applicants should ideally be aged 20 or over and demonstrate an awareness of language. They shall have a standard of education for entry into higher education. The course is designed for native and non-native speakers of English who have little or no experience of teaching. This is the most widely-recognised as a first-class qualification in the teaching of English as a Foreign Language and the certificate gives you:
Recognition as a qualified English teacher in the UK and abroad with:
- A knowledge of the English Language grammar, phonology and lexis
- A basis for later study with young learners and at a diploma level
- Up-to-date methodology of language teaching to adults
- Recognition by the British Council and language schools world-wide.
The syllabus is laid down by Cambridge University and includes:
- Input class
- Observation of classes
- Guided lesson planning
- Supervised teaching practice
- Feedback from tutors
- Additional time for lesson planning and study
- Four written assignments
ASSESSMENTS AND CERTIFICATES
Assessment is continuous and all aspects of your coursework are taken into consideration: attendance, assignments, teaching practice, participation attitude and potential as a teacher. There will be clear information on your progress. Grades and certificates are awarded to successful candidates by the University of Cambridge.
All written work can be collected from the Centre 1 year after the course is completed.
For further details and an application form please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are interested in taking the CELTA course with us, you may be interested in taking the free online course provided by Exploring the World of English Language Teaching